Camera error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) - Solved
The camera is the default webcam software in windows. The camera application allows you to access your hardware camera. Most of the applications related to gaming, video chatting, and video conferencing need to access the camera. A high number of Windows 10 users have reported that their device has shown, “we can’t find your camera” error message with code 0xa00f4244. What is this error? How this error is caused and how can we fix error code 0xa00f4244?
Camera applications can misbehave sometimes. Even your built-in camera or external camera can show a problem with windows. Your application gives an error message we can’t find your camera with error code 0xa00f4244. Today we will learn how to fix camera error code 0xa00f4244 in a detail way along with what causes this error to appear.
What is camera error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)?
Camera error code 0xA00F4244 is shown when your PC can’t find your camera. This can be caused by various reasons such as corrupted or outdated drivers, antivirus detecting your camera, and so on. Because of this error, you cannot use the camera.
Troubleshooting camera error 0xA00F4244
Before we move towards any fixes for error code 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached, we should troubleshoot the issues with a camera at first. This helps us to identify what might be causing the error with our camera and helps to fix the issue. Here is how you can troubleshoot the camera not showing the problem.
- Open setting app.
- Choose Update & security.
- Now select troubleshoot from the left panel and select the additional troubleshooter’s option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Windows store apps option. After that click run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for some time and see if it gives Camera error code 0xa00f4244.
- After your process is finished, see if the error 0xa00f4244 is present in your device and confirm the error.
Things to check before trying fixes for 0xa00f4244
There are certain things you need to check before you try any of the given below fixes for the 0xa00f4244 error.
- Check for malware and virus infection in your device.
- Check if your antivirus programming is blocking the camera.
- You should make sure your camera is turned on.
- Reset the camera app from the advanced camera settings of the app and features from the setting menu.
- Make sure the camera is enabled in your BIOS.
- Check if your privacy setting for the camera is turned on or not.
- Restart your PC at last then check if the error still exists.
How to fix Camera error code 0xa00f4244
If you are suffering from camera error code 0xa00f4244 then don’t worry. At first, you should restart your PC and check if the problem still exists or not. If the problem still exists for you then we will learn three proven methods to fix this issue in your PC.
If you want to learn about how to change your voice on TikTok then click here.
Fix 1: Update the camera driver
If your driver is not up-to-date then it might cause your camera function to break down. This cause camera is not found an issue with error code 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached. You can follow the steps given below to fix this issue.
- You need to open the device manager first for checking the camera driver. Go to the start menu and search for device manager and open it.
- Now look for the Imaging devices option and click on it to see your camera device. Right-click over your camera device and select Update Driver. Now your error 0xa00f4244 should be solved. If the problem still exists then you can click on the properties option this time and roll back your camera driver. You can also uninstall and reinstall the camera driver if your problem of error 0xa00f4244 still exists.
Fix 2: Repair the Microsoft store
Sometimes broken Microsoft store could cause problems. We will try this fix if your device cannot recognize the camera. Follow the steps given below.
- Search command prompt and right-click over it to run it as administrator to provide it with full privileges.
- Then after that type the following commands one by one.
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*" rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset proxy net start bits net start wuauserv net start appidsvc net start cryptsvc
- Now your device should be able to recognize your camera and the error 0xa00f4244 should be fixed.
Fix 3: Tweak registry for changing encoding standard
If none of the above-mentioned solutions helped you to solve your error 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached problem then you can try this solution. Encoding for some cameras might not work on windows 10. By tweaking the registry, you can solve error 0xa00f4244 in some cases.
- Navigate to the Windows search bar and type regedit. After that right-click over Registry Editor and run it as an administrator.
- Now export your registry by clicking on the file option in order to create the backup.
- Now you need to go to a certain location. You can follow the path given below as per your system.
For 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows media foundationPlatform
For 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows media foundationPlatform
- Then right-click on the blank space and click new and choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now name the value as EnableFrameServerMode.
- After that right-click over it and choose to Modify this newly created registry value. We need to set its value to 0. After that save it.
- At last restart, your PC and your error 0xa00f4244 problem should be solved.
The camera has been an important thing for online meetings and classes. A broken camera can not only harm your studies but also lag you behind and decrease your productivity. I hope the above-mentioned methods helped you to fix the camera error code 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached issue. If you have any specific method in your mind or if your camera problem still exists then feel free to leave a comment below.