How to fix [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error - Solved
Microsoft Outlook, previously known as Hotmail is the email client service provided by Microsoft. Microsoft outlook is a vital organ of the Microsoft office suite. Outlook is not only limited to email service. It has other functions such as note keeping, journal keeping, calendaring, task, and contact managing. It is available on android, iOS, Windows PC, and web version. Microsoft outlook is one of the most popular email client services. But sometimes users face issues and errors in this application. One of such error is [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error which appears on Microsoft outlook application.
The error code [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] which appears on your application screen prevents you from sending emails through your Microsoft Outlook application. It not only stops sending emails but also prevents receiving emails causing a disturbance in the flow of email. Outlook users are unable to connect to the server and perform their tasks such as sending and receiving emails because of this error.
You can anytime see the error code [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] on your outlook system or dashboard. Many people have reported seeing this error in their outlook screen. This error suddenly pop-up out of nowhere on your screen. What is this error? What causes [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error? Today we will learn what is this error and what causes it and we will learn how to fix [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error. I will guide you through easy steps to solve this issue.
What is [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error?
The [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error code can be defined as the error which is caused because of the conflict with the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) which can be caused due to the wrong configuration in application or conflict with other application. The conflict causes the Microsoft outlook application to crash up with a message [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error on your screen.
This error prevents you from sending emails and even receiving emails properly from the outlook application. The technical misconfiguration on SMPT either in the installation process of the outlook software or the error from the Microsoft outlook side causes this error. Because of that user cannot connect with the server and receive a proper response resulting in an error message [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a]. Sometimes there might be clashing between two processes that can cause this error.
What causes [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error?
There are several reasons which can cause the error [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] in your Microsoft outlook. Sometimes the error might occur not because of fault from your side but due to technical issues from the applications side. Here are some of the common reasons that cause this issue.
- Your application might be outdated and you might need to update your application.
- The application might not be installed properly. Files might be broken in the installation process.
- You might have multiple outlook accounts logged in and there might be an error while switching accounts.
- Microsoft outlook is having conflict with the process of other software causing it to crash with error code [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a].
If you want to learn about the windows installation loop then click here.
Things to do before you try any fixes for [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error
There are certain things that you can try out before you go to our process for fixing [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error. Here are some of the points you can try.
- Restart your device and see if the error exists.
- Clean the app cache on your mobile apps and clear the temporary files on your windows pc.
- Run troubleshooting in your windows and see if you can out the error code [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a].
How to fix [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error?
If the above-mentioned solutions didn’t work for you then you can try our fixes for solving [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error. There are several ways to fix this issue in your system. We will learn about five proven solution for fixing [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error in our Microsoft application.
Method 1: Check if an update is available for your outlook application
You can check if there is an update available for your application. Sometimes old version can cause [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] issue. You can update your Microsoft Outlook application from your Microsoft office account. Here is how you can do this.
- You need to open Microsoft Outlook and then click on the file.
- Now click on Office Account from the given menu.
- After that click on office updates and then click on update now.
- Now, wait till your application gets updated. Check back if you can send the emails. This can solve your [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error in Microsoft outlook.
Method 2: Change your Server Port number in the application
Sometimes your port number might be causing issues in outlook SMTP. You can follow the steps given below to change the port.
- At first, open the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Then go to the file option and click on the account settings.
- Then go to the manage profile option.
- Now select the email accounts option and then double click on the email which is causing [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error in your outlook application.
- Then click on more settings in the email window and then go to the internet email setting.
- Now you need to go to the advanced tab where you need to replace the SMTP port number from 465 to 587.
- Then save the changes by clicking Ok. This should solve your [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error.
Method 3: Ensure the settings for your outlook application is good
When there is a wrong installation or setup of the application, it causes [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error in the Microsoft Outlook application. Here are some of the things which you can check out for fixing [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error.
- Open Outlook application on your device.
- Now navigate to the tools menu and click accounts.
- Then select properties from the given menus.
- Now click more settings and go to the outgoing server tab and check if the outgoing server authentication is on or off. If the outgoing server authentication is off then turn it on.
- Now go to the advanced tab. There make sure that the SMTP and POP settings are similar to your hosting provider if there is any change made.
- After that save your settings by clicking ok. This will fix the wrong set up in your Microsoft outlook account in the application. The popup with error code [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] should be fixed now.
Method 4: Disable antivirus program
Your antivirus program can sometimes block office outlook from sending and receiving emails. You can simply deactivate your antivirus program or turn off windows defender. Now after your turn off your antivirus programs, restart your application. Then try to send the emails. You shouldn’t see [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error code message on your screen. Disabling antivirus can unblock outlook and prevent the error. In the case of windows defender, you can follow the steps given below to disable it.
- Go to the start menu and search for windows security. Click on it.
- Then select virus and threat protection from the given menu.
- Now click on manage settings and find real-time protection from the given options.
- Then disable the real-time protection. This will stop the blocking of the outlook application and solves the [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error in the outlook application.
Method 5: Uninstall and reinstall your outlook application
If none of the above fixes works for you to solve [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error then you can simply uninstall your outlook application and reinstall it. You can follow the steps given below for doing so.
- On your mobile phone, you can simply uninstall the outlook application from settings and remove it. After that, you can reinstall it.
- In your Windows PC, you can search for add or remove program from the search option. Then select it.
- Now just right-click over it and uninstall the Microsoft office or outlook program.
- Then reinstall the Microsoft office or outlook application. Sign with your account. This should solve your [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error.
The [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error is a common error in Microsoft outlook which you can face in your day-to-day activities. I hope this article cleared your doubts on what is this error and what is the reason behind the occurrence of this error. I hope the fixes and solutions discussed in this article solved your [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] issues. If you have any problem or got any questions then leave a comment below or contact us through our email address.
[…] How to fix [pii_email_e1aa8f4deb45ecd93b2a] error [Solved] – 2021 […]