Result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) fixed in VirtualBox
The virtual box is a free virtualization tool for x86 and x86-64 hardware that allows users to run multiple guest operating systems in a single host computer. You can create and run various virtual machines such as windows, Linux, macOS on apple hardware, Solaris, etc. Virtual box can be used in Windows, Linux, macOS, and Solaris operating systems. You can create and run many other OS inside a virtual box for free. But while you try to run a virtual machine you get an error message on your screen which says result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) inside your virtual box. If you also got this error then this article is for you.
You might have tried installing Linux or other OS in your virtual box but you get result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error message while you try to run it. You might not have found any reliable answer on the internet which is why I am writing this article which consists of an absolute fix for this error. Today we will discuss what does result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) means and what causes this error. We will look at few things to do before you try to run a machine inside a virtual box. We will discuss how to fix result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) in virtual box.
What is result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error?
When you try to run a virtual machine in VirtualBox on the Windows operating system you get an error message which says failed to import appliance result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) in your screen which is caused when your windows have a problem accessing the storage drive and running the VM which you installed. Your virtual machine cannot be accessed and imported on VirtualBox which results in this error message. You must properly allocate storage and your storage disk should be in good health to avoid the error message failed to import appliance result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057)in the first step.
What causes result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057)?
Many users who tried creating virtual machines in VirtualBox 6.1 on windows 10 have reported the code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error. This is caused when you are trying to run the virtual machine especially in VirtualBox used in windows OS. This is caused when there is no proper ram and storage allocation for the VM and when your VirtualBox couldn’t import the VM which you are trying to run.
When the Hyper-V is enabled and the Windows Hypervisor Platform is disabled, you can get this error message. Your host computer where you are trying to run VirtualBox must support hardware virtualization. You need to remove the VM file and manually install it for fixing failed to import appliance result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) in VirtualBox.
Things to check before you try fixes for e_invalidarg (0x80070057)
There are certain things that you need to make sure you have done before you try our fix for this error. Many users get the result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error message on VirtualBox when they are using windows. Follow the process given below and make sure your settings are like this for avoiding the error in VirtualBox.
- Go to the start menu and search for windows features and click on it.
- You must disable Hyper-V by keeping the box blank if you are running Windows 10 OS.
- Now enable the Virtual Machine Platform by checking the box.
- Then enable Windows Hypervisor Platform by doing tick on the box and disable the Windows Sandbox.
- Now click ok save the settings.
- After that, right-click over the windows start menu and click on Windows PowerShell (admin).
- Then enter and the following command.
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- Now restart your PC and launch VirtualBox. Try to run your VM and see if you get the error message saying failed to import appliance result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057). This should fix errors for most of the users.
If you still get the error then you can try our fix for this error which will 100% solve your error failed to import appliance result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057). If you want to learn how to use snes9x netplay then click here.
How to fix result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error
If your error still exists then there is a simple method for solving your issue. I will guide you through the stepwise process to solve the e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error. Please follow the steps given below.
- We will start the solution for code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057). Close the VirtualBox and go to file manager. Then go to C drive and users and select the active user which is currently logged in. Now go to VirtualBox VMS.
- Then you will see the folder of VM which you are trying to run in VirtualBox. Delete the folder.
- Now download the Vbox file of OS for your VirtualBox. In my case, it is for kali linux. Extract the folder which is of .ova extension. You can use 7zip for this. You will see a file with a .vmdk extension inside it which we are going to use.
Then open VirtualBox. Click on the machine menu from the top and click on new. Then name your virtual machine and leave the machine folder as it is. Then select your os type and version accordingly. Now click next.
- Now increase the Ram to 4096 MB. Then click on use existing virtual hard disk file and click on add and then locate the .vmdk file which you had extracted.
- Now click on choose button and click on create to create.
- Try to run your VM and it should run without any error. Your code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) error on VirtualBox should be fixed now.
The virtual box helps you to run many guests os in a single host and makes your work easier. When you get an error like result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) while running your virtual Box you get stuck in the very first step which makes your experience with the virtual box worse. I hope our method helped you to solve your result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) problem. If you have any questions then leave a comment below and don’t forget to share with your friends who are suffering from this error.