What is discord light mode - How to enable and disable it
Discord is popular VoIP and messaging platform that allows you to create your own community and share messages in form or image, text, audio, video, or gifs. Like-minded people can create their own server, add group managing and bots of their own, go live in the channel making it popular among the programming and gaming community. Discord is popular because of its dark UI and various unique features. But do you know that discord also has light mode? How to enable light mode on discord?
When you install discord you will see default dark mode. Everyone loves the dark mode on discord. There exists a light mode on discord which has caused a disturbance in discord users. But what is discord light mode? Why does it even exist? Today we will learn everything about discord dark mode and we will learn how to turn on light mode on discord from your desktop and mobile apps.
What is discord light mode?
Discord light mode is the light white appearance of the discord user interface which makes your discord app go white from the dark. Light mode on discord makes your whole screen white. Light mode on discord is a theme that changes your discord user interface to complete white. Many users love to use dark mode on discord and light mode can be hard for them to use.
Discord light mode vs dark mode
Discord light mode and dark mode have many differences. We will list out some of the differences between light mode and discord dark mode from the user perspective.
- Discord dark mode is found to be much eye-friendly than discord light mode.
- Photosensitive users cannot see texts in discord light mode properly but they can see properly in discord dark mode.
- Light mode on discord is hard to adjust than dark mode. Profile names, gifs, and pic are adjusted and made according to dark mode and they might not be suitable for light mode.
Why do people hate discord light mode?
Discord dark mode was introduced from the initial release of discord. Its userbase has become adaptable and habitual in dark mode. Discord dark mode has been a relief to the eyes of users but suddenly light mode was introduced on discord. Suddenly user has to change from the beloved dark mode to eye hurting light mode which made it difficult for users to use. Many users love to use discord at night time and the light mode was obviously doing the opposite.
People began to hate discord light mode because it was so my flashing and UI was also too much white making it difficult to use. People began to make discord light mode memes and a high number of negative reviews were received from the users for discord light mode. If you want to learn about how to fix the result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) then click here.
How to turn on light mode on discord desktop app
Light mode on discord can be turned on from your discord desktop and web apps. You can turn on discord light mode with 3 easy steps. If you want to learn how to turn on discord light mode from your desktop and mobile apps then follow the steps given below.
- Open your discord app and click on click on the setting gear from the bottom near your profile.
- Then click on the appearance from the given options to turn on light mode.
- Now from the theme, choose the light option. Now discord light mode theme will be enabled in your discord app.
How to enable discord light mode on the mobile app
Light mode on discord is all about its appearance type. Light mode is on discord can also be turned on from your mobile apps. Follow the steps given below to enable discord light mode from your mobile apps.
- At first, you need to open your discord app then click on the profile icon from the bottom left of your screen.
- Then scroll down and click on appearance where you will see an option to turn on discord light mode.
- Then click on light from the theme and light mode will be enabled in your discord app.
How to turn on dark mode on discord
Did you also hate the light mode on discord as everyone did? Whether it is a dark mode or light mode on discord, it is all about appearances. You can turn on dark mode on discord with just 3 steps. Follow the steps given below to turn on dark mode on discord.
- Open your discord app and click on the setting gear icon near your profile from the bottom of your screen.
- Then choose the appearance option from the sidebar.
- Now choose dark from the theme option. Dark mode will be enabled or turned on in your discord app.
Discord light mode has received too much criticism and negative reviews from its users. Everyone tries discord light mode but only to make a meme about light mode on discord. Everyone has reported discord light mode to be too much flashing and hurting their eyes and they cannot even see the text on discord. We hope in future updates the light mode on discord receives more user eye-friendly color changes and customization. Today you learned everything about discord light mode. If you have any more queries then you can leave a comment below and let us know.